- Profesor: María Fernanda Alvarado
Bienvenidos al Aula Virtual del CCP
Este es un servicio brindado por el CCP (http://ccp.ucr.ac.cr) para profesores. Si usted es profesor y desea que se le otorgue un espacio en este Moodle para su curso envíe un correo con su nombre y el nombre del curso a: email@example.com
¿Es la primera vez que utiliza esta Plataforma Educativa? Puede crear una cuenta siguiendo las indicaciones de la siguiente página: https://aula.ccp.ucr.ac.cr/login/index.php
- Tutor: Vakil Rajcoomar
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
• Understand why the ICPD Programme of Action applies to emergency settings, and more specifically know why reproductive health, gender, and population and development issues are relevant within humanitarian preparedness, response, transition and recovery processes;
• Be familiar with UNFPA’s role and responsibilities at the global and national interagency levels as it relates to the humanitarian reform, including funding mechanisms;
• Prepare to advocate for UNFPA’s mandate and programme priorities in the context of national, UN inter-agency and UNFPA forums related to humanitarian issues;
• Understand the minimum programming interventions that should be carried out in humanitarian response and recovery settings in support of the ICPD Programme of Action.
- Tutor: Geeta Daby
The Course Team have estimated that the average length of time you will take to study the course will be around 40 hours. Normally people find that it is possible to study such a course at the rate of about 5-7 hours per week so you should expect your study to take about 7-8 weeks. The Course Team have designed the course to be in a printed format and have split the course up into three modules as shown in Figure 1. The length of each module in terms of estimated study time will be indicated to you before you start, to help you plan your study sessions. You should study all three modules.
Gender equality is a core commitment of the United Nations System and UNFPA and is upheld in international consensus agreements and international conventions managed by the UN. This course will walk you through an understanding of what gender issues are, why they are important to tackle and mainstream in development practice and what tools are available to this end.
The key guiding documents affirming gender equality are highlighted in the box below and will be given detailed attention in the different modules of the course
- Tutor: Esther Hanoomanjee
If possible, try to study for periods of between 1 and 1 ½ hours to avoid loss of concentration. As UNFPA staff, you are allowed by policy to study distance learning materials during work hours. Please agree on learning hours with your supervisor. Reflect on the content of the material as you read it, and try to think about examples from your own experience which are similar to those given in the text. If after re-reading something several times you do not understand it, contact your tutor for clarification.
- Tutor: Agness Chakowa
The principal aim of this course is to introduce you to the broad range of concepts and issues concerning sexual and reproductive health. From this foundation, you will be able to expand and increase your knowledge either through your work or further specialised study.
- Tutor: Fahmida Aboobaker